Saturday, January 26, 2013

Seen on the Most Famous Women -- Yes, That Would Be You!


Part of me wants to shout “I don’t care what celebrity has worn what in any movie or video” – but then I know full well that saying that could come back and bite me in the butt thus quenching any spark of interest from stylists and wardrobe gurus around the world. (But, didn’t I just put it all out there? Yes, I did so I doubt that “coming to a screen near you” will be in my vernacular anytime soon!)

It seems that everywhere I look lately all the hype is about some starlet wearing some piece of jewelry or clothing in a movie or television show, which in turn means that everyone walking the planet absolutely needs to have one. Could it be that I am jaded because in my past life I worked in marketing and advertising and fully understand the “product placement” equation? Or am I just getting to be a grumpy old woman? Perhaps it’s a bit of both – or a whole lot of both, who knows? Anyhow, I love it when I see jewelry I designed on real women…like you; women who understand and feel confident with the reality of individual style. Women who want to make a lasting impression by standing out from the pack – not necessarily following and getting lost in it.




It is my belief that women who wear my jewelry are the famous ones! How they manage it all is beyond me. They are all ages, they have families of all types, they work in varied and quite interesting capacities, they manage households, they juggle personal lives with business, they purchase clothes and jewelry with hard-earned dollars, they shop in Bergdorf’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Target (and aren’t afraid to admit it); and, most importantly of all, they know exactly who they are as individuals.




This is the woman I have in mind when I design my pieces. Sure, there are ways to style each piece to look “trendy” at any given time. In fact, I do it all the time. But at the end of the day isn’t it nice to know that you’ll have a genuine, non-disposable collection that stands the test of time long after that latest trend is old hat? I certainly think so and I trust that in some way you’ll agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment