Thursday, July 19, 2012

Inspiration: Pure and Simple


People often ask me where my inspiration for my out-of-the-ordinary color mashes come from in my jewelry. All I can say is "I just keep my eyes open." Mother Nature seldom makes a mistake when it comes to mixing colors. Last weekend, on a hike on the wooded nature trail at Champoeg Park, I stopped for a bit on a lone bench overlooking the river. I was the only one on the path and happy for the solitude.

It was so very serene, I ended up laying on my back. breathing in all that is the woods. Deep musty smells of old trees, bark, cracked fallen limbs and mold mixed with the scent of new growth on the trees, ferns and wild berries that surrounded me. A treat for sure. Bea was right there with me, sensing the peace of the moment; quiet as a church mouse even though we both could hear squirrels bustling about overhead.







I have no idea how long we stayed there; but when I opened my eyes and looked up -- I saw aventurine, prehnite, rainbow hickoryite, chalcedony and hints of pearl staring back at me. Pure and simple, inspiration at its finest; and all I had to do was open my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment