Monday, August 22, 2011

OHSU & Mt. St. Helens


At the beginning of summer, I posted a pix of Mt. Hood popping up in the distance while I was outside of Fessler's. While I told you that I could also see Mt. St. Helens that day, I did not post a pix as you would not have really been able to see it...and so you would think I was nuts!
  So today, here is a pix of St. Helens taken from the OHSU Medical Center. OHSU is nestled in the hills of Portland and besides being quite phenomenal in the world of science and medicine, it offers some of the most spectacular views of the city below. Back to the mountain...it used to have a different topline; but following the eruption back in the late 70's, the topline is now slightly rounded. Mother Nature is an interesting lady -- just changing things at whim. Hey, maybe all women are that way -- maybe it just comes naturally? So I am changing my mind on a whim now and going back to the jewelry bench -- working on some really fun new pieces. Let's see, I see carnelian, green aventurine, amethyst, red poppy jasper and jade...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment